2. High Court permits Service of Summons via SMS, WhatsApp & Email - Tata Sons ltd & Ors Vs John Doe(s) & Ors (Delhi High Court).
3. Govt notified changes to the Banking Regulation Act, giving the RBI broad powers to deal with specific bad-loan cases as it tries to speed up resolution of Rs 9.64 trillion of stressed assets clogging the Indian banking system.
4. CBDT is developing a dedicated portal for the investigation of those identified to have made deposits or large purchases not in line with declared income as a follow-up to Operation Clean Money, which was launched in the wake of demonetization to crack down on black money.
5. Govt's proposed land bill is coming back in the reckoning after being in cold storage for more than a year. The parliamentary joint panel reviewing the legislation will meet on May 22 to debate its social impact.
6. IRDA has notified the IRDAI (Outsourcing of Activities by Indian Insurers) Regulations, 2017 which shall come into force from the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
Have a great day ahead!